Gospel Recovery?

Posted in Uncategorized by Paul M. Dohse Sr. on January 30, 2018

If you read the article cited by this blogger, it calls the New Calvinist Movement a “gospel recovery” movement. That is a stunning admission. So, the church didn’t know what the gospel really is for hundreds of years, but we should trust that this time they have really found it? If you believe that, I have some oceanfront property in Xenia, Ohio I would like to sell you.

1. John said, on January 30, 2018 at 5:43 PM

Whahaha! Ann Voskamp who’d wanted to have sex with ‘gawt’ or something in Paris is on the list? This is worse than an April Fools’ joke . . . this is blasphemy, and those 125 names are devils, each and every one of ’em. The deceiver who had wined and dined Voskamp some years ago, I-love-myself Challies, is only at number 13.

And Mark Driscoll. The foul-mouthed sexual pervert is on there too. This is precious.Is he promoting filthy, abnormal sex again? I did not even know this pervert was around any longer.

Is the diabolical ACBC represented . . . maybe not by their funnyman and moneymaker Heath Lambert, but by others?

Lecrae? Lecrae? Lecrae? The writer is on acid, and the entire Calvinist/Reformed lot is the sons and daughters of their father, the Devil. Mark. My. Words.

And I did not even know that the blasphemer RC Sproul had left shore. Maybe he is watching x-rated movies where he is now since he advocated them while here.

Paul, Andy, John Immel . . . please tear these devils apart.

2. John said, on January 30, 2018 at 5:57 PM

And no, these devils are clueless about the gospel. Platt thinks it’s something social, and Eugene Peterson (the mystic wonder from Vancouver) thinks big dark Momma God (Oprah, I guess) hides in a shack and Jesus runs on water for fun.

The Gospel (as it is found in the Bible) has never been lost, not even for a day. It’s where it’s always been; it’s the same it’s ever been; it’s as powerful and eternal-destiny changing as it’s always been, and it’s a once off beautiful moment as it’s always been.

And it’s as simple as it’s always been. Ask RM.

I feel like Jesus now (don’t misunderstand me) when He said, “Satan, get thee behind me.”

3. Ken B said, on January 31, 2018 at 1:03 AM

Needless to say I didn’t recognise all the names, but there appear to be almost no non-Americans present except a couple of Brits and an Australian. You had better send some missionaries abroad to the rest of the English-speaking world so we too might recover the gospel!

4. April said, on February 1, 2018 at 3:23 PM

I’m so thankful for this list. I’m going to give it to my teenage children to use while in Sunday school class and youth group. If you hear these names used in a positive way, get up and walk out!

Please, don’t judge me about attending an SBC church. My husband is on staff and we were doing home church before taking this position.

My story is too long to tell, but I’m training my children in The Truth of God’s Word. They know more than most adults in our church.

I speak the truth unashamed, most people don’t know what to do with me.
    I’m thankful for this site.
    April

• John said, on February 1, 2018 at 6:43 PM

April . . . judge you? We love you already; we’ll know what to do with you. Welcome, and may your stay be long. You’ll get to know us quickly. Oh, here love actually means something.
      Feel free to post anything that bothers you; the guys and woman who run this site are wonderful, compassionate, and have the patience of inanimate objects when it comes to one of their own.

Blessings, April.

5. Susan said, on February 3, 2018 at 5:14 PM

Don’t ya know! The gospel can mean anything you want it to mean! I read it this way and you read it that way (180 degree contradiction) and we are both right. I have asked simple, straightforward questions and folks look at me like I have two heads. “Is there truth?” “What is truth?” “Can we know it/ truth?” “Can truth contradict itself?” All I can conclude is that people are so dumbed down that thinking — any type of thinking, not to mention, CRITICAL THINKING — is beyond them. “We believe!” It doesn’t seem to matter “what we believe” anymore. Scripture is simply window dressing to whatever points the pastor wants to make. Dare I ask the sale price of that ocean-front property in Xenia, Ohio?

• John said, on February 4, 2018 at 4:38 PM

Susan, sorry, but I have asked first, and I have made a real fake offer on the sought-after property Apparently, it looks out onto the Indian Ocean too. Sounds more legit as we go . . .

Blessings, Susan.

• Susan said, on February 5, 2018 at 10:58 AM

A “bidding war” on a non-existent property …. is more honest than what is happening in the vast majority of churches these days. There are “nones” (no religious affiliation). I consider myself a “done” (walk away). The people who are running these churches (for the most part) are either clueless or evil from the very pit of hell or well-meaning but deceived. Take your pick. Each arrives at the same destination. Folks would do better to stay at home and simply read the scripture for themselves. Recover the gospel? I had no idea the gospel was lost. That is a damning admission. The love of many will grow cold. It is happening before our very eyes.

6. BARBARA MCINERNEY said, on February 5, 2018 at 11:13 AM

Paul once again I did comment following “Gospel Recovery”. Not seeing it.

Sent from my iPhone