Online Debate on Protestantism’s “Justification by Faith.”

Posted in Uncategorized by Paul M. Dohse Sr. on February 18, 2017

The following screen shots document a very unique debate on Protestantism’s doctrine of Justification by Faith. Though painfully lengthy, I think it’s important that it’s documented.

Transcript: https://paulspassingthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/t-josiah-richardson.pdf

122a2b2e2c2d

3456a6b6c6d78910111212b131415161718192021222323a

2424a2525a262728293031323333a3434b35363637383940414243

1. Argo said, on February 20, 2017 at 10:45 PM

And what I mean is, he literally said: look at the proof texts!! He called them “proof texts”!! He appealed to Scripture OUT OF CONTEXT to literally as PROOF of his opinions!! What. The.

You know…

2. Susan said, on February 21, 2017 at 7:10 AM

I noticed the proof texts. I noticed the lack of context. I noticed the lack of logic. I noticed the automatic reflexive responses. Anyone who doesn’t think and believe as these men think and believe is wrong. Period. End of story. Another gospel? No, try a completely different book (not Sacred Scripture). No, Calvinism is not the gospel and the gospel is not Calvinism. They have their “popes” — John MacArthur, John Piper, RC Sproul (and many others). Where will all this end? It will end with Christ’s question: when he returns will he find faith on earth? And the answer is, “Maybe not.” Are we living in the days of Noah? Are we repeating Sodom and Gomorrah? There are many who call themselves “Christian” whom the Lord will say, “Depart from me, I never knew you.” I would call this the great apostasy, but they think they are on the path.

3. Andy Young, PPT contributing editor said, on February 21, 2017 at 6:06 PM

I am not sure what I find more encouraging, people engaged in discussion on this post or the fact that readers took the time to slog through that whole exchange above in the first place!

• Argo said, on February 22, 2017 at 1:46 PM

It was a pretty fascinating read, Andy. I slogged through it all. But I didn’t mind. I felt bad for Paul. To be belittled by people who aren’t actually half as enlightened as he, and aren’t have as smart as they think they are. So frustrating.

4. lydia00 said, on February 23, 2017 at 2:58 PM

“Shameful. Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. I googled Christian Charities and refugee resettlement. Can we spell “lucrative US federal government contracts”? Baptist, Lutheran, Assembly of God, Catholic (and others) — millions of dollars, big, big money. These groups have squandered any moral authority and credibility. The platforms are based upon their bottom lines and not the interests of the US and its citizens.”

Oh yes! The money is big ensuring powerful NGO’s in bed with the UN, too. My experience dealing with Catholic charities/Refugee ministries was an eye opener. They took advantage of people like crazy, too. One interpreter quit when found out the Feds paid 100 per hour for interpretations but good Catholics were only paying him 20. He thought he was helping and the 20 just covered his expenses. There are many such examples. Not to mention the fact that states have little say in the whole mess and the refugees resist assimilation like you would not believe and are quite demanding. It’s shocking. And politically incorrect to mention. I can promise you the state is supporting polygamy but without papers except what the UN provides, who can prove the “Nieces” are really wives?

• Paul M. Dohse Sr. said, on February 23, 2017 at 3:09 PM

Samaritan’s Purse. The Christmas shoe box thing, if anyone wants to do the math, makes biiiiiiiig bucks for the SP org. And why does Franklin Graham receiving 700,000 a year for being the director make me a little queasy?

• Susan said, on February 23, 2017 at 3:55 PM

Oh dear God. Not one penny! Not one single penny! Yes. More than just queasy. Try head over toilet bowl retching. I had no idea about Samaritan’s Purse and Franklin Graham. With each “not-for-profit”, it just gets worse. I’m not saying a man or woman shouldn’t be paid for the work that they do …. it’s not that …. there is a level of obscenity that is not becoming of a man of the cloth (clergy). Jesus would be braiding a whip again.

Linda, it is more than “just a little mess.” It is a disaster waiting to explode in the United States. Look at what is happening in Paris — the city is being burnt and looted. How is that going to work for “tourist season”? Not so much. Sweden is likewise in a world of hurt. What in the world are these leaders thinking? They seem to want chaos and collapse. I see no other reason to explain the open border invasions.