Christianity’s Complete Disregard for the Plain Sense of Scripture is Nauseating

Posted in Uncategorized by Paul M. Dohse Sr. on January 17, 2018

Third Day

Christianity is a mindless horde of man-followers and little else. Truth, viz, orthodoxy, comes from men who buy their credentials and license to rule over the salvation of others. Only orthodoxy is learned at seminary and passed on from generation to generation. Truth is communicated through pithy truisms, mantras, and contemporary music using singers who sound like they are being tortured while they sing.

This is why I have so few friends on Face Book. Even with the few that I have, memes and comments that blatantly contradict Scripture flow like the bowl movements of a newborn. For some strange reason, I am compelled to comment on particular ones that happen to catch my attention.

Don’t you know, people who are gifted musically are also spiritual authorities. Hence, the attached meme by the “Christian” moaners Third Day. Like I have said before though I am a pragmatic soul, there is a strange power behind true love because Susan and I ended up married regardless of our incessant fussing over this issue while we were dating. As one who was churched for over 50 years, she was incredulous that I saw nothing positive about church, and constantly pointed out the biblical error in the lyrics of her favorite songs. Once, she deliberately sought to antagonize me by suggesting that Toby Mac knew more about the gospel than I did which invoked hysterical laughter, and it kinda went downhill from there real fast. Of course, we are past all of that now and still friends on Face Book.

Sigh. Do Christians still have parts of their lives that are “in darkness”? Say, is there an area of your life in darkness that you would like the Lord to shine a light on? Where to start with this BS (boloney sausage)? First of all, if it is in darkness, how would you even know that it needs light? Well, I guess it depends on what exactly the meme means by darkness to begin with which is ambiguous like all other things church. However, I suppose we can be reminded that God’s elect only know one thing; that we can’t know. Nevertheless, we have areas that we know are darkness, and know that our only hope is for God to shine light on it, so, ya know, that we will then know it is light, or something like that.

This is why I always enjoy watching evangelicals witness to unbelievers. You can just see what they are thinking by the looks on their faces while these people are talking: “What the hell?”

I could go on and on, but I expend most of that energy ranting to Susan in the car even when she doesn’t turn on the radio. Suffice to say that the Bible presents light and darkness as two totally separate states of being. And, if a believer is walking “like” they are still in darkness, the Bible gives specific instruction on what to do about it which doesn’t include begging the Lord to do something about it and waiting to see if He wants to or not.

Here is an opportunity to look at yet another word or two that Christians are in total confusion about. But let’s not be confused about this: Christians are confused in regard to EVERY metaphysical word and concept in the Bible or elsewhere. For example, you will hear them throw around words like “grace” and “law” more often than they go to the bathroom; now ask them to define those words and behold the deer-in-the-headlights look, or the regurgitation of what someone else told them.

But we are talking about the words, darkness and light. A popular use of these terms among Christians is to prove from the first chapter of Genesis that every verse in the Bible is about Jesus. And, they believe that because they heard it at church. And here is what they heard: Paul stated in 2Corinthians 4:6 that God brought light from darkness which refers to Christ and the gospel. Only problem is that Paul wasn’t citing Genesis, he was citing Isaiah, and so it goes.

To whom shall we go to find truth? Christian musicians represent a plethora of different denominations. Which one of those denominations will be proved correct at the “final tribunal”? And if Christians don’t even know what any given Bible word means, why would we presume that they know what the true gospel is?

1. truthseeker00 said, on January 17, 2018 at 9:48 AM

Sad thing is, for all the weak understanding in contemporary christian music, when I realized that I actually heard better doctrine in my workouts (to CCM) than in my (then) Calvinist church is when I realized I had a problem. At least Casting Crowns gets it right once in a while . . .

• Paul M. Dohse Sr. said, on January 17, 2018 at 11:11 AM

Yes, the Crowns early stuff was fantastic and Susan and I went on the road to some of their concerts (Dayton, Louisville, Lexington). Unfortunately, the last one we went to was sad in that it was apparent that they have bought into the progressive justification thing/total depravity of the saints/etc., etc. It was very disheartening.

• truthseeker00 said, on January 17, 2018 at 1:30 PM

I don’t listen to much, but am mostly familiar with their ‘early stuff’, old CD’s passed down from the kids. šŸ™‚

• Andy Young, PPT contributing editor said, on January 17, 2018 at 1:49 PM

Hey, whatever sells CD’s, right?

2. John said, on January 17, 2018 at 1:18 PM

Yes, I agree, Paul, Third Day’s question is moronic, sorry to say. How many holes shall we poke in it? The question assumes there is darkness somewhere. It also assumes God does not know there’s darkness. It then gives you a choice (what? A choice! “That you’d like God…”) to show God that darkness (because he is not bright). But, as you say, how then shall we define darkness? By whose standards? Also, what if I don’t want this weak god to show any light in the darkness that I may or may not know about, depending whom I am listening to? Will I be struck down with polio? Will hair grow on my hand? Will my pet die during the night?

The new birth is a leap from darkness to light, from death to life. CCM? A load of BS (baboon sandwiches).

I agree with the late Don Williams who sings, “I don’t believe that heaven waits for only those who congregate.” I also agree that “virginity is not as common as it used to be.” Ha, just ask all these Calvinist sexual abusers . . . soon, they’ll overtake its older brother, the RCC in that regard. Someone, please spot Mary in a bowl of alphabet soup.

3. Andy Young, PPT contributing editor said, on January 17, 2018 at 1:50 PM

I thought BS stood for Barbara Streisand.

• John said, on January 17, 2018 at 2:23 PM

Big Sister’s watching, Andy.

4. republican mother said, on January 17, 2018 at 3:34 PM

What gets me about CCM is the whining. When I want to chill out while driving with my bunch of kids, the last thing in the universe I want to hear is grown men whining about being broken.

I’m glad when I was a younger Christian, I was taught not to “read another person’s mail” in the Bible. I’m not to build arks to slice up sacrificial turtledoves. Trying to conflate the light of creation with the inner life of an individual is absolutely retarded.

• John said, on January 17, 2018 at 9:55 PM

RM, especially if those grown men are supposed to be filled with happiness and love, the love of God. They have obviously been tricked and is passing on the “broken man” tradition. One bumps his Hummer and now he thinks he is Job.
      And, RM, if you don”t whine or admit to some darkness (SIN!) in your life, they think you are
      1) lying;
      2) not one of “them” and some highfalutin hopocrate, or
      3) an angel from heaven that the Good Book talks about. Expect exotic lunch invites….or requests to heal the sick or something.

“Why me Lord; what have I ever done?”