The Latest John MacArthur/Rick Holland Church Scandal/Yawner While TANC Waits Patiently

Posted in Uncategorized by Paul M. Dohse Sr. on September 29, 2017

Cover 16Church is a quagmire of confusion and decadence driven by an overt false gospel. The former is what we should expect from the latter, or in the specific wording, what we see now on a routine basis should be expected from institutions founded on a false gospel or ideology. An ideology that produces bad things should be deemed metaphysically errant and irrational as well.

What has happened to church? It was never like this until recently, right? As we now hear often, “Gee whiz, the Protestant church is looking more and more like the Catholic Church with all of these sex scandal cover-ups.”

Does the same fruit come from two different trees? Not really. So, what happened? Well, it all started in a garden far away and long ago when God talked to every individual face to face. Then the serpent introduced mediation. Obviously, the serpent sold Eve on the idea that he knew more about God than she did, and she would be more like God by following his counsel. Of course, we all know how that turned out.

Hence, the religion that dominated humanity from the beginning was the pagan-state. This is based on the idea that mankind cannot know reality: “A” doesn’t equal “A.” Man is unable to discern reality. Therefore, the supreme, whether a person, God, gods, the universe, or some other creative force, preselected individuals to guide the great unwashed masses to the best life now or a progressive utopia of some sort. Plato systematized this construct into three societal classes: philosopher king (priesthood), warrior (the state), and producer (the great unwashed).

Also note: Plato believed that the man/boy relationship is the highest form of love. This applied definition of love absolutely dominated Greco-Roman culture. In addition, Plato’s disdain for women and their relegation to second class citizenship was also a social norm. For a woman to be raped was a crime committed by the woman who deserved much worse.

Then God sent His own mediator; Christ. The establishment of Christianity completely turned world philosophy on its head. First of all, it identified holiness with the material world which shattered the foundation of world philosophy; ie., Dualism. Secondly, it claimed no kingdom on earth, but a future kingdom to come.

Not long after the deaths of the most influential apostles of Christ, a distorted form of Christianity competed with the pagan-state for enforcement of its own orthodoxy. This distorted movement sought to institutionalize the assembly of Christ which was organized in non-institution home fellowships. Unfortunately, this misguided movement which was nothing more than a different pagan-state with a Christian label was led by former disciples of the apostles. These men are known as the “Church Fathers.” They started with one church and one bishop located in Rome because that was the epicenter of world power at the time. This put them in direct competition with the pagan-state for Rome’s sword in enforcing its orthodoxy. At the same time, the “church” at Rome waged war against elder-led home fellowships. Over the next 100 years or so, the bishop-led institutional church became the Roman Catholic Church which was fundamentally Platonist.

What then led to the Protestant “Reformation”? The Catholic Church began to stray away from its Platonist roots because of Enlightenment Era influence. Martin Luther and John Calvin were rabid followers of St. Augustine, an avowed Neo-Platonist and Doctor of Grace for the Catholic Church. Seemingly strange is the fact that both Catholics and Protestants claim Augustine as their legitimate father; that seems strange if you don’t know real church history.

Even today, the Catholic Church is a confused mix of Platonist and Enlightenment ideas. Until 1970, the Protestant church had strayed further from its Platonist roots than Catholicism, but we must remember that both were created in a church-state and for a church state. The American Revolution furthered the confusion for both.

1970 marked the beginning of the New Calvinist movement which is a return to authentic Protestantism which sought to return the Catholic Church to its Platonist roots. The orthodoxy of Luther and Calvin sought to systematize and further define Augustine’s Platonist Christianity to pave the way to a hopeful reformation of the Catholic Church that never happened.

An articulation of that doctrine, and why it leads to sanctified rape in the church can be found here and is MacArthur/Holland relevant. Meanwhile, discernment blogs seeking to fix the church by exposing its ills still promote the very doctrine that produces this evil. The blog that revealed this latest scandal and cover-up recommends New Calvinist reading material on another page that promotes the very doctrine from which these evils flow. The roots of the church and its founding fathers represented misogyny on steroids and total commitment to church-state principles for which it was designed.

All of these root elements can be found in this most recent scandal as well as the former ones. The Protestant Church looks more like the Catholics that it came from in recent years because it is returning to its authentic doctrinal roots. As a footnote, Holland objected to the victim going to the police because in a church-state, what happens in the church is not any business for secular authorities; according to Protestant orthodoxy, God ordained them to enforce the church’s orthodoxy or whatever else deemed appropriate by the church. This is why churches insist that that the police are not to be notified in these cases; what happens in the church is church business and only the church has authority there to address these cases as it sees fit. And do they not state this plainly?

Meanwhile, our ministry waits patiently as this doctrine will produce more and more evil in the church and more and more questions as well. Right now, for us, these new revelations are routine and boring. This also pertains to churchians as well. Did you notice what was missed in the event due to these things becoming commonplace? For crying out loud, the girl was kidnapped and held hostage; you can get life in prison for that! However, we see more and more evidence of increased numbers of people who get it.

The late J. Vernon McGee predicted that Christianity will eventually return to its roots of home fellowship and we agree; as Protestant doctrine produces more and more evil in the church, those who have always sensed that there is something wrong with church will finally come home.

1. Republican mother said, on September 29, 2017 at 7:22 PM

Yet another great synopsis of where “the church” is at. If I didn’t have so many kids, kids with learning issues and was on the hamster wheel of work, I might still be in the institutional church. The learning issues means my kids don’t fit into the megachurch system.

The number of my kids allows me to appreciate how much people want to be seen as individuals. There is no way I can treat them as one big collective, I have to listen and respond to each one individually. This goes back to the institutional love post. These churches cannot be family no matter how hard they try.

I am blessed to have had the time to study these things intently for years, wondering what it was that was so off about church. Eventually, I started going just for research purposes. That last church, with its False Gospel Project led me to this place, where I learned more about the New Calvinists and their wacky redemptive historical hermeneutic. If I had a quarter for every time I said you have to be born again in that Sunday School class….yeah. Wow.

If these “leaders” hadn’t repeatedly jumped the shark with shredding of the traditional church culture, the frog might have boiled more slowly. If there were more old-time religion churches around me, I might not have noticed what was so unbiblical about the hierarchical and worldly structure that every institutional church mainstains.

I can tell you this, born again beleivers who are currently going to church aren’t happy. Recently, my brother tried to get back into church, but he said something didn’t feel right. I think everyone knows that feeling, except those authoritarian church leaders who are oblivious to the Spirit.

• John said, on September 30, 2017 at 7:48 AM

RM, it is my wish (my prayer) that those few born-agains trapped in this thing leave for their own sanity and health (both physical and mental). I’ve seen its effects since the 70s. It’s a killer.

2. Susan said, on September 29, 2017 at 9:42 PM

Oh dear Lord. I linked over to this young woman’s story and I am horrified. Words escape me. Are these people from Saudi Arabia? Because this is how women are treated under an Islamic system! Are they Catholic? Because that is the kind of thing that has happened and then covered up in the Catholic Church.

She was drugged, kidnapped, raped, over a weekend AND then she was further victimized (raped again) by these pastors and professors and University administrators. Words escape me. Shut the whole damn thing down. Sue them from here to California. What number is she? How many other women has this happened to?

And you know damn! well that it wasn’t this future pastor’s first time and it won’t be his last. How many other women will he do this same exact thing to once he free to roam for prey in a church environment?

• John said, on September 30, 2017 at 7:39 AM

Susan, this lot is worse than all of those you’ve mentioned put together. You are looking at the devils who are posing as angels of light. Period.

3. Susan said, on September 29, 2017 at 10:05 PM

If I were mad before, I am even madder. So I find my way to the cripplegateblog — sorry I don’t know how to link it. There, a past graduate of TMS gives a partial response, claiming inaccuracies and misrepresentations in the woman’s story. He claims to have first hand knowledge of the situation and to have been involved directly in the aftermath. He says: Her story is not being reported correctly, but instead her story is being misused to denigrate and malign his former alma matter. But he can’t tell you any of the details in terms of rebuttal to what the woman has said in her story because of confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements. Here is where I would insert an entire string of expletives. Slimy, slimy bastards. He wants it both ways and he can’t have it both ways. So now, this man (a pastor, I presume) is raping this woman a third time — ten years later. I am hot.

4. John said, on September 30, 2017 at 7:36 AM

Susan and others: “Cripplegate” (some snobbish little Calvinist/Reformed website) is as evil the rest of them; you are wasting your time trying to get a sensible word in there. These Calvinist/Reformed bunch of perverts and liars all cover for one another. It’s the same for all their blogs: They’ll commit crimes to excuse/defend the devil Calvin and the rest of them.

I have read through Jane’s story and through the comments. Yep, evil is not the word. The ACBC has to be involved somewhere, as that lot is vulgar beyond comprehension. Anyway, this rapist (whether he “repents” ten times over), belongs in jail. He is a piece of human rubbish and a danger to society, but did you read Mac’s (the great smiling-as-he-is-lying deceiver and devil) “godly” advice to this crime?

Also, to even suggest that the rapist can be “restored” (to what, precisely?) or that the victim must marry her rapist? What shall we call that? Demonic, that’s what. No, I am also not surprised at this incident or at the response of the evil Protestant/Calvinist/Reformed bunch. I’ll say it again: They are not born-again; they do not know the God, Jesus, Holy Spirit of the Bible; it’s a false religion; a false gospel. It is evil and death. No one in his right mind should have anything to do with that lot. Their father is the father of lies (as once again proved).

As Paul has stated; this is nothing new; in fact; it’s a century-old thing in Reformed circles. Should one follow the logical conclusion of this false religion’s logic, then it was preordained by their sawvrin weird gawt that Jane be raped. It’s all the script, so what are we complaining about? It’s his sawvrin will, after all. It happened so their God could be glorified, y’all.

Blah, blah, blah, say the devils . . . until it happens to your own daughter. . .

• republican mother said, on September 30, 2017 at 8:02 AM

When Alexis de Toqueville visited America, he noted that a woman’s dignity was so valued that rape was a hanging crime. How times have changed!

When I witnessed the sexual immorality at my church ( wasn’t as heinous as this case), there wasn’t this restore talk- it was only don’t show your face here again or we’ll tear you to a thousand pieces. I miss that church in some ways and didn’t realize how unique that response was on Christendom.

But the point is made that institutions wind up with this sort of thing because of their structure.

• John said, on September 30, 2017 at 8:57 AM

RM, rape should be a capital offense (the chair, hanging, the friggin’ needle, firing squad, decapitation; whatever). I have a huge soft spot for women abused by and in “Protestantism” (wish I could tell you more), by Calvinism, Reformed rubbish, and ACBC, in particular. I have a huge soft spot for women, period. And no, it has nothing to do with feminism but everything to do with being a decent human being, as learned from our Lord, as being taught by the Spirit, and as I follow the common sense God has given me (and everyone else; most choose to sit on it until it chokes to death). There is nothing superior to me (or in me, or about me) that you don’t have . . .now go and tell this to this evil lot, and you’ll hear the ropes’ chaffing as they prepare to lynch you…and me.
        Yo, we’re talking about a boys’ club here, RM. Don’t let that ever catch you off guard. Satan not only gives candy to kids, he gets kids to give candy to him. That’s how good he is in his evilness, in his appearance as an angel of the light. That’s one of the reasons I’m glad this site exists.

This evil (the entire Protestant setup) lot will do anything (anything) to protect their own and their investments (the constant income and subsequent influx of wealth). Let’s not even talk about the imagined, self-given authority, control, and power this evil lot think they have and that their followers fall for. Damn this evil lot to hell.

They are not one inch different to Scientologists, for example.

• Susan said, on September 30, 2017 at 9:58 AM

You are exactly right, John. It is all okay until it happens to your own daughter. And at that point, you will want to commit murder. The Catholic Church has tried repeatedly to “restore” pedophile priests to ministry. You know, counseling and all. You know, forgiveness and all. What they have succeeded in doing is to spread the evil and the destruction to unsuspecting parishes where even more children are damaged/ destroyed.

I had this conversation on social media with an advocate for forgive and restore. The pastor shouldn’t have to wear a scarlet letter for the rest of his life. He made “a mistake”. Don’t we believe in forgiveness? I suggested that the man invite the “repentant and restored pastor” over for a backyard BBQ where his grand-daughters would also be guests. I asked about the recidivism rates for these types of crimes. (Not good!)

Then it became personal — very personal. He went off on me. How dare I? Yeah, so why don’t you care about all the other children (and young women) like you care for your own grand-daughters! Hypocrite!

5. Susan said, on September 30, 2017 at 9:45 AM

I did not post one single word on cripplegate. If that pastor was so out of touch with how his “partial response” would come across to an objective reader, then nothing I could say would make a lick of a difference. It is one thing to have straight up evil. It is something entirely different to have evil disguised as light.

I found it incomprehensible that a pastor would arrange and force a rape victim into the same room as her attacker — then to counsel her to marry him (this is madness!) and expect that she apologize and repent (apologize for what? repent for what) and then she would be disciplined for breaking the school conduct code (pure insanity!). This is the type of thing that people (a young person especially) commit suicide over.

If only she could have made a 911 call while all of the attack was happening. If only her parents had responded by hiring a lawyer and threatening to sue the school. Immediate lawsuit. Immediate negative publicity. Expose these monsters for what they are! She got some of the details wrong? Really! Which ones, pray tell.

J. Vernon McGee’s words about the church reverting into the home (as it began) is prophetic. There is no way the institutional church is a “family” no matter how much they want to sell that thread bare idea. I think it is hard for those who truly belong to the Lord to leave because folks are taught that that is how we worship. Do not forsake gathering together to worship. Because if you do forsake it, then you aren’t Christian.

I think the pastor from a Baptist Church who came to my door one Saturday afternoon was SHOCKED that he would find someone “spiritually mature” who wanted nothing to do with the institutional church. He got why I would shun the other churches, but he had no conception/ awareness as to why I would shun his church too.

It simply amazes me that there is no scandal when these men (it is mostly men, but it could be women too) commit these horrific crimes. But it is a scandal when the women who are victimized (it is mostly women, but could be men) go to the police and civil authorities and demand justice. Is this the modern-day equivalent of offering a virgin in sacrifice to the volcano gods? I mean to the god of the reformed Calvinists.

These men are from the devil and their deeds are pure evil.

• John said, on September 30, 2017 at 12:03 PM

“These men are from the devil and their deeds are pure evil.”

Yes, Susan. And let me tell you something else, and they can produce a rhino from a hat for all I care to try to convince me otherwise: They don’t like women. To them, women are way inferior. You know, it’s all Eve’s fault blah blah blah.

• Susan said, on September 30, 2017 at 12:48 PM

Umm …. yeah. I figured out that women are “lesser than”; and children are “lesser than lesser than.” No, many of these men do not like women. Eve’s fault — whatever. Now that being said, certainly there are differing ways in which men and women serve the Lord and certainly men and women are not “the same”. Hopefully, someone could understand the words “complementary” and “partnership” and “interdependent”. A man cannot have a baby; and the vast majority of women cannot match a man’s sheer physical strength. Women may be more intuitive and feeling and men may be more concrete and intellectual. But yeah, whatever. I knew in no uncertain terms I was a second class citizen with second class status at that Reformed Baptist church.

• Paul M. Dohse Sr. said, on September 30, 2017 at 3:10 PM

Susan’s series this year documented the anti-woman doctrine of the church fathers. The fruit falls not far from the tree.

• John said, on September 30, 2017 at 3:21 PM

Susan, as long as you know you’re not “…a second-class citizen with second-class status” at all; and, of course, we serve our Lord in different ways. Partnership? What? Try and explain that term to those peeps, and don’t even bother explaining with “interdependent.” They’ll roll their eyes like it’s going downhill.

Susan Dohse’s series was a classic, by the way.

• Susan said, on September 30, 2017 at 4:15 PM

I certainly have my weaknesses and shortcomings, John. That being said, I have a depth and length of background, education, and experience that probably few people can match — men or women. Yes, the culture of these groups and organizations is truly unfortunate. That is why I am at home instead of part of the institutional church. Praise be to God. I have come out from among them and I have no desire to return.

• John said, on September 30, 2017 at 5:17 PM

Susan, let me be open: your education and intelligence show clearly, and it’s a pleasure to read your comments; I appreciate every one of them. Keep ’em coming.

Sweet blessings.

6. Susan said, on September 30, 2017 at 7:24 PM

John, thank you. That woman’s story (Jane) has haunted me today. I went back to the link Paul posted where her story first appeared. And I began to write and to refute the men and women who would defend evil — whether out of denial or ignorance or whatever reason. I have no idea whether it will do any good, but I posted probably ten comments through-out the thread because it just seemed like the right thing to do. I am articulate and well-informed. Whether my words will help or not, I don’t know, but I certainly feel better. I wrote under Susan (same name as here). And I hope there are some folks at that site who are embarrassed and shame-faced by their postings. The Church and the Pastor Must be Defended No Matter What.

• John said, on October 1, 2017 at 7:41 AM

Your actions are commendable, Susan. And you’re feeling better; that’s good.

7. Ken said, on October 2, 2017 at 4:38 PM

I noticed the advice given to the victim in this horrible incident from her counseller Leslie to examine her own heart, using the Jeremiah ‘the heart is desperately wicked’ verse. That, however, cuts both ways. Leslie to be consistent should apply it to herself! And shifting the blame onto the victim beggars belief.

More than this, it occurred to me that this same Jeremiah went on to prophesy about the new convenant that we are now under: “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people”.

Couple this with Ezekiel’s prophecy: “A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you; and I will take out of your flesh the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh”.

Combine the two and you end up with us, as born again/new creations in Christ, having a new heart with God’s law written on it. This cannot possible still be desperately wicked at the same time. We don’t remain sinners after conversion. I thought of the criticisms of this way of thinking you have made here, and this example seemed to make it clearer. I don’t think this way of thinking is as bad in the UK.

This doesn’t mean we cannot sin, but the warfare is now between the flesh and the Spirit.