The Latest John MacArthur/Rick Holland Church Scandal/Yawner While TANC Waits Patiently

Posted in Uncategorized by Paul M. Dohse Sr. on September 29, 2017

Cover 16Church is a quagmire of confusion and decadence driven by an overt false gospel. The former is what we should expect from the latter, or in the specific wording, what we see now on a routine basis should be expected from institutions founded on a false gospel or ideology. An ideology that produces bad things should be deemed metaphysically errant and irrational as well.

What has happened to church? It was never like this until recently, right? As we now hear often, “Gee whiz, the Protestant church is looking more and more like the Catholic Church with all of these sex scandal cover-ups.”

Does the same fruit come from two different trees? Not really. So, what happened? Well, it all started in a garden far away and long ago when God talked to every individual face to face. Then the serpent introduced mediation. Obviously, the serpent sold Eve on the idea that he knew more about God than she did, and she would be more like God by following his counsel. Of course, we all know how that turned out.

Hence, the religion that dominated humanity from the beginning was the pagan-state. This is based on the idea that mankind cannot know reality: “A” doesn’t equal “A.” Man is unable to discern reality. Therefore, the supreme, whether a person, God, gods, the universe, or some other creative force, preselected individuals to guide the great unwashed masses to the best life now or a progressive utopia of some sort. Plato systematized this construct into three societal classes: philosopher king (priesthood), warrior (the state), and producer (the great unwashed).

Also note: Plato believed that the man/boy relationship is the highest form of love. This applied definition of love absolutely dominated Greco-Roman culture. In addition, Plato’s disdain for women and their relegation to second class citizenship was also a social norm. For a woman to be raped was a crime committed by the woman who deserved much worse.

Then God sent His own mediator; Christ. The establishment of Christianity completely turned world philosophy on its head. First of all, it identified holiness with the material world which shattered the foundation of world philosophy; ie., Dualism. Secondly, it claimed no kingdom on earth, but a future kingdom to come.

Not long after the deaths of the most influential apostles of Christ, a distorted form of Christianity competed with the pagan-state for enforcement of its own orthodoxy. This distorted movement sought to institutionalize the assembly of Christ which was organized in non-institution home fellowships. Unfortunately, this misguided movement which was nothing more than a different pagan-state with a Christian label was led by former disciples of the apostles. These men are known as the “Church Fathers.” They started with one church and one bishop located in Rome because that was the epicenter of world power at the time. This put them in direct competition with the pagan-state for Rome’s sword in enforcing its orthodoxy. At the same time, the “church” at Rome waged war against elder-led home fellowships. Over the next 100 years or so, the bishop-led institutional church became the Roman Catholic Church which was fundamentally Platonist.

What then led to the Protestant “Reformation”? The Catholic Church began to stray away from its Platonist roots because of Enlightenment Era influence. Martin Luther and John Calvin were rabid followers of St. Augustine, an avowed Neo-Platonist and Doctor of Grace for the Catholic Church. Seemingly strange is the fact that both Catholics and Protestants claim Augustine as their legitimate father; that seems strange if you don’t know real church history.

Even today, the Catholic Church is a confused mix of Platonist and Enlightenment ideas. Until 1970, the Protestant church had strayed further from its Platonist roots than Catholicism, but we must remember that both were created in a church-state and for a church state. The American Revolution furthered the confusion for both.

1970 marked the beginning of the New Calvinist movement which is a return to authentic Protestantism which sought to return the Catholic Church to its Platonist roots. The orthodoxy of Luther and Calvin sought to systematize and further define Augustine’s Platonist Christianity to pave the way to a hopeful reformation of the Catholic Church that never happened.

An articulation of that doctrine, and why it leads to sanctified rape in the church can be found here and is MacArthur/Holland relevant. Meanwhile, discernment blogs seeking to fix the church by exposing its ills still promote the very doctrine that produces this evil. The blog that revealed this latest scandal and cover-up recommends New Calvinist reading material on another page that promotes the very doctrine from which these evils flow. The roots of the church and its founding fathers represented misogyny on steroids and total commitment to church-state principles for which it was designed.

All of these root elements can be found in this most recent scandal as well as the former ones. The Protestant Church looks more like the Catholics that it came from in recent years because it is returning to its authentic doctrinal roots. As a footnote, Holland objected to the victim going to the police because in a church-state, what happens in the church is not any business for secular authorities; according to Protestant orthodoxy, God ordained them to enforce the church’s orthodoxy or whatever else deemed appropriate by the church. This is why churches insist that that the police are not to be notified in these cases; what happens in the church is church business and only the church has authority there to address these cases as it sees fit. And do they not state this plainly?

Meanwhile, our ministry waits patiently as this doctrine will produce more and more evil in the church and more and more questions as well. Right now, for us, these new revelations are routine and boring. This also pertains to churchians as well. Did you notice what was missed in the event due to these things becoming commonplace? For crying out loud, the girl was kidnapped and held hostage; you can get life in prison for that! However, we see more and more evidence of increased numbers of people who get it.

The late J. Vernon McGee predicted that Christianity will eventually return to its roots of home fellowship and we agree; as Protestant doctrine produces more and more evil in the church, those who have always sensed that there is something wrong with church will finally come home.

1. John said, on September 30, 2017 at 12:03 PM

“These men are from the devil and their deeds are pure evil.”

Yes, Susan. And let me tell you something else, and they can produce a rhino from a hat for all I care to try to convince me otherwise: They don’t like women. To them, women are way inferior. You know, it’s all Eve’s fault blah blah blah.

2. Susan said, on September 30, 2017 at 12:48 PM

Umm …. yeah. I figured out that women are “lesser than”; and children are “lesser than lesser than.” No, many of these men do not like women. Eve’s fault — whatever. Now that being said, certainly there are differing ways in which men and women serve the Lord and certainly men and women are not “the same”. Hopefully, someone could understand the words “complementary” and “partnership” and “interdependent”. A man cannot have a baby; and the vast majority of women cannot match a man’s sheer physical strength. Women may be more intuitive and feeling and men may be more concrete and intellectual. But yeah, whatever. I knew in no uncertain terms I was a second class citizen with second class status at that Reformed Baptist church.

3. Paul M. Dohse Sr. said, on September 30, 2017 at 3:10 PM

Susan’s series this year documented the anti-woman doctrine of the church fathers. The fruit falls not far from the tree.

4. John said, on September 30, 2017 at 3:21 PM

Susan, as long as you know you’re not “…a second-class citizen with second-class status” at all; and, of course, we serve our Lord in different ways. Partnership? What? Try and explain that term to those peeps, and don’t even bother explaining with “interdependent.” They’ll roll their eyes like it’s going downhill.

Susan Dohse’s series was a classic, by the way.

5. Susan said, on September 30, 2017 at 4:15 PM

I certainly have my weaknesses and shortcomings, John. That being said, I have a depth and length of background, education, and experience that probably few people can match — men or women. Yes, the culture of these groups and organizations is truly unfortunate. That is why I am at home instead of part of the institutional church. Praise be to God. I have come out from among them and I have no desire to return.

6. John said, on September 30, 2017 at 5:17 PM

Susan, let me be open: your education and intelligence show clearly, and it’s a pleasure to read your comments; I appreciate every one of them. Keep ’em coming.

Sweet blessings.

7. Susan said, on September 30, 2017 at 7:24 PM

John, thank you. That woman’s story (Jane) has haunted me today. I went back to the link Paul posted where her story first appeared. And I began to write and to refute the men and women who would defend evil — whether out of denial or ignorance or whatever reason. I have no idea whether it will do any good, but I posted probably ten comments through-out the thread because it just seemed like the right thing to do. I am articulate and well-informed. Whether my words will help or not, I don’t know, but I certainly feel better. I wrote under Susan (same name as here). And I hope there are some folks at that site who are embarrassed and shame-faced by their postings. The Church and the Pastor Must be Defended No Matter What.

8. John said, on October 1, 2017 at 7:41 AM

Your actions are commendable, Susan. And you’re feeling better; that’s good.

9. Ken said, on October 2, 2017 at 4:38 PM

I noticed the advice given to the victim in this horrible incident from her counseller Leslie to examine her own heart, using the Jeremiah ‘the heart is desperately wicked’ verse. That, however, cuts both ways. Leslie to be consistent should apply it to herself! And shifting the blame onto the victim beggars belief.

More than this, it occurred to me that this same Jeremiah went on to prophesy about the new convenant that we are now under: “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people”.

Couple this with Ezekiel’s prophecy: “A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you; and I will take out of your flesh the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh”.

Combine the two and you end up with us, as born again/new creations in Christ, having a new heart with God’s law written on it. This cannot possible still be desperately wicked at the same time. We don’t remain sinners after conversion. I thought of the criticisms of this way of thinking you have made here, and this example seemed to make it clearer. I don’t think this way of thinking is as bad in the UK.

This doesn’t mean we cannot sin, but the warfare is now between the flesh and the Spirit.