Newsflash

Posted in Uncategorized by Paul M. Dohse Sr. on July 4, 2017

1. John said, on July 4, 2017 at 1:32 PM

The Bema seat is for born-again believers (rewards, lack of rewards, etc.)….NO condemnation; NO sending into the lake of fire, and so on. A time of rejoicing.

The Great White Throne is another story, but for some reason, many who profess to be Christians can’t wait to stand there. Fatal error, I reckon, and bad, bad, false teaching should one believe that’s where “everybody will stand one day.” And I guess this is where God will “lift up the Jesus cloak.” Paul, that’s great imagery.

Is that how wide God’s love is for the world? It wouldn’t surprise me. Not one bit.

(Or am I as confused as a Calvinist at a fork in the road?)

• Andy Young, PPT contributing editor said, on July 4, 2017 at 1:42 PM

“But I am slightly confused, or rather, I picked something up concerning the Great White Throne (who is for all the dead and NOT for those who belong to Christ). In Revelation 20:15 it says those whose names who were NOT found in the book of life was thrown into the lake of hot coals and flames and stuff. So does that mean (by implication) that some names are going to be found in the book of life, and will not be cast into the hot house? I mean, if the book is empty then why open it?”

Pay close attention to the order of events: you have 2nd resurrection, judgment, then second death (lake of fire). A distinction is made between the first resurrection and the 2nd followed by a blessing upon those who are part of the first resurrection.

“Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.” ~ Revelation 20:6

So I think it’s pretty clear that the names of all of those in the 2nd resurrection will not find their names in the book of life and subsequently cast into the lake of fire.

“The Great White Throne is another story, but for some reason, many who profess to be Christians can’t wait to stand there. Fatal error, I reckon, and bad, bad, false teaching should one believe that’s where ‘everybody will stand one day.'”

Yeah, that’s a major problem with this video that’s really popular among christians these days:

• John said, on July 4, 2017 at 2:00 PM

Andy, thanks for setting me straight, as my implication (that I thought I’d picked up) would mean there’s a chance of getting into Heaven via another route, alive or dead. But wait, millions think that, silly me.

Oh, this clip is a misrepresentation and a false teaching; I think it’s a perfect example of the Availability Cascade; the stuff cults are made of. (Sheesh, and the schmaltzy acting…)

2. lydia00 said, on July 5, 2017 at 8:22 AM

That video is a favorite at mega churches. People actually brag about not being good. Tullian was the master of teaching that. And he was right. He is a thug that harmed and deceived a lot of people. In the Name of Christ, no less.

• John said, on July 5, 2017 at 10:54 AM

It’s as if they are proud of it, Lydia. I too have experienced (seen) it. The sinner/saint rubbish that Luther or one of those devils taught really have them spinning in witches’ circles.

3. Susan said, on July 6, 2017 at 10:56 PM

Ah yes, double imputation. Jesus is righteous for us. We have no righteousness of our own. A whole lot of folks haven’t read their Bibles lately — if they have ever read them. Is anyone saved in the “Christian” church? How can so many pastors, theologians, professional Christians get it so, so, so very wrong? People just blindly and dumbly accept whatever comes from the pulpit? Apparently so. And the worst part of it is that they are walking around telling anyone who believes differently (correctly) that they are wrong. If it weren’t a matter of eternity and many souls at stake, the video would actually have been funny. It isn’t. It is cause for weeping.

• Paul M. Dohse Sr. said, on July 7, 2017 at 2:04 PM