To the Contrary I Am Saved Because I Don’t Go to Church

Posted in Uncategorized by Paul M. Dohse Sr. on June 29, 2017

UntitledFYI, I will no longer put up with being told I am lost because I am not a member of a “local New Testament church.” I don’t go to church because the vast majority of church members support a false gospel. While proclaiming the “new birth,” most church members, and for that matter pastors as well, have a clue-not what the new birth is.

Upon being sent the link to the posted screen shot attached to this article, I responded swiftly with no holds barred. I don’t tell churchians they are lost because they support a false gospel because only God knows that for certain and they could be saved but confused/misguided, and in fact, useless to the kingdom, but nevertheless saved by the skin of their teeth. My response was pulled down and my personal Facebook account blocked from this Baptist tyrant’s site; I obtained the screenshot via our PPT FB account.

What was the content of my response? Well, first of all, the Hebrews passage cited only pertains to believers assembling for mutual edification in whatever context. Rubbing shoulders with the family of God is the subject; not the where, when, and how. Furthermore, the context is not salvation or the testing of it by church membership. How do these people get from a discussion on baseball statistics to the question of life on Mars in the same conversation? It’s like Matthew 18 being about “church discipline.” Not only is “church discipline” nowhere found in the Bible, where is “church discipline” in Matthew 18? In addition, where are the “elders” in Matthew 18? It’s like the “seed of the woman” being the “Adamic Covenant” when God was speaking to the serpent and not Adam or Eve!

What are these people smoking?

Furthermore, my response stated the following fact: the vast majority of pastors and church members, if not all, would answer the three following questions/statement in the affirmative; did Jesus die for all of your sins; past, present, and future? Did Christ obey the law perfectly so that His righteousness can be imputed to us? Christians are “sinners saved by grace.” Proclaiming these three statements as true is an overt denial of the biblical new birth.

Moreover, it makes the new birth a perpetual reinstatement of a mere legal declaration and not a onetime transformation of one’s state of being. The error is almost too obvious; if we are still “sinners” we still need salvation. If we are still “under law,” we need continued forgiveness for present and future sin. If Jesus obeyed the law for us so perfect obedience can be continually credited to our account, we are unable to please God with our own acts of love.

So, when we “obey,” it’s not really us obeying? Come now, be honest; this is what you hear in church constantly while being warned about “having a righteousness of your own” because “righteousness is a gift from God.” But isn’t a gift owned after it is received? If you are born again via a holy Father, are you not holy as His offspring? But, we have to keep getting Jesus’ perfect obedience to the law imputed to us by faith alone? How is that a “righteousness apart from the law”? Duh. Pray tell, where does the Bible say that it is a righteousness apart from our obedience as believers? The issue is the law period; not who keeps it. If those who attend church would only start paying attention and begin reading the Bible with their own minds, they would see church for the cognitive dissonance cesspool that it is.

So, what does the true new birth accomplish? It changes our relationship to the law. That’s Romans 6 and 7. Any theology that has a singular perspective on the law and sin denies the new birth. Clearly, all “local New Testament churches” teach a singular perspective on law and sin; law is law and sin is sin. That denies the new birth.

Look, I have written thousands upon thousands of words explaining this and more help may be found here, and here, but suffice for this post, a true perspective on the new birth teaches that a changed relationship to law and sin effected by the new birth makes a believer truly holy and the one who is actually doing the obedience and love.

Hence, good works are not substituted for salvation in the same way that Christ was a substitution for our sins against the law. If good works have to be substituted as well, does this not deny a true change in the believer? Sure it does. Yet, this is one of the foundational doctrines of Protestantism: “double imputation.”

This denies the new birth and models institutional salvation where the “means of grace [salvation]” are doled out because believers “still sin” because they are still under law. Home fellowships (NOT church in a home) model true new birth into a true literal family of God as opposed to additional mediators other than Christ or what the church calls, “under shepherds.” Really?

Not only am I going to start calling people out on this in no uncertain terms, I invite public debate on this to give arrogant Protestants a chance to defend their high and mighty church orthodoxy.

Put up, or shut up…if anyone here is lost, it is those who deny what the Bible defines as the new birth and replaces it with church tradition.

1. John said, on June 29, 2017 at 2:46 PM

A gallery of sighs. First, in the comment section of Scott’s post, commenters are quoting (and pimping) from their Koran (ESV). Yawn… It’s like sitting down in a theater, only to realize someone has thrown up on your seat during the previous show and no one has bothered to clean up the mess yet. Ugh.

Also, Jesus did not command the Hebrews verses they cite. They are smoking Calvin pot. I know (having once been in that cult) that Calvinists know (gnosis…chills down my spine…palpitations…shortness of breath…visions of Luther and Calvin in drag) that one of their idols Paul wrote Hebrews. They somehow “know” it, and since Paul is the author of Romans (that book that Calvinists/Reformed followers openly rape and violate to fit their diabolical doctrine), and because another “god” called Calvin (peace be upon him) said something along the lines that there’s no salvation without belonging/going to “church,” these people assume that these verses are about not leaving the New Testament church (Calvin pot, I tell you). And automatically (the effects of Calvin pot) they assume one is not saved if not belonging to Calvin’s church. How they make that leap; well, puff puff.

These specific verses may simply be a warning against apostasy (a kind of a slap in the face of the same Calvinists, yes?), or a warning not to leave true Christianity and to return to Judaism (as was the case WHEN this book was written). Context is lost on these Calvin pot smokers.

I like your reply to them, Paul. It is true: Calvinists/Reformed addicts, etc., have no idea what the new birth is. No. Idea.. I am reminded of 2 Corinthians 3: 14–18. (Written by Paul too, interestingly.)

• Andy Young, PPT contributing editor said, on June 29, 2017 at 3:53 PM

“Context is lost on these Calvin pot smokers.”

That’s because the only context that matters is the proper “gospel context”. You have to interpret every verse in the Bible according to a redemptive hermeneutic. That’s the only way they can perform the theological gymnastics to arrive at the conclusions they do with verses such as these. Of course their reformed ESV bibles make it a lot easier for them by changing tenses of verbs and omitting pesky verses that don’t fit with their premises.

• John said, on June 29, 2017 at 4:49 PM

My son (then 20) came to me one day and threw his leather-bound ESV Pope MacArthur ‘Study” bible down on my desk. He had bought it about six months earlier with some hard-earned money; it was his first own bible.

“I can’t read this, Dad. This guy is sucking things from his thumb. He is blatantly pushing an agenda. Some verses are completely different!”

(My son still reads from more than one Bible and compares them and uses an excellent commentary too.)

“This Calvinism is truly evil, Dad. Have these people no shame?” he said.

“No,” I said. Up to then, I had only mentioned Calvinism/Reformed nonsense a couple of times and had wanted him to discover it for himself before I went into detail about that ungodly thing.

“I’m going to mangle it; tear its pages out one by one, so that no one can read this,” he said.

“Great news,” I said.

God’s truth is written in our consciences. My son’s action upon discovering the lies and propaganda proved it to me once again. He did not care about the money he had paid for it; he cared more about the lies that the I-Know-Everything-Because-I-Have-Gnosis MacArthur devil was spreading.

That same day the ESV was torn to pieces. God is good. Always.

• Paul M. Dohse Sr. said, on June 29, 2017 at 6:39 PM

And notice the ESV changing of the text by adding “you will” which has several doctrinal implications.

2. Paul M. Dohse Sr. said, on June 29, 2017 at 6:46 PM

Susan and I are hard at work on the Potters House to get it ready for our home fellowship because many people going to church know it’s a crock but don’t have an alternative.

• John said, on June 29, 2017 at 7:02 PM

God will bless your efforts. No, I don’t have gnosis or multiple imputations. You two are simply living out the love for God’s people…one of the beautiful consequences of being born again.
      Blessings!

3. lydia00 said, on June 30, 2017 at 7:28 AM

That is how they make their living. And it’s getting harder and harder in the SBC for some as they are bleeding people.

There is also the attitude just from being around that world that people need to be “under” the teaching of a seminary trained pastor.

The irony is thick. It is so very different to live as a believer outside the Institution. Christianity is simple but not easy. No checking boxes for attending. No group think piousness. No group think sin sniffing. One deals with every decision daily in an intimate relationship with Christ. No mediator needed. One finds others coming our of the cold controlling Institutions blinking in the sunlight. It’s been quite an adventure. Now I can see how the true Body operates.

Never underestimate the power of control, money,l etc. Some of the older guys are also worried about Guidestone and pensions.

• John said, on June 30, 2017 at 11:06 AM

Lydia, you’re always sensible and reliable with your comments. Thanks; I enjoy them.
      Blessings to you.

• lydia00 said, on July 2, 2017 at 8:35 AM

thanks John. School of hard knocks!

4. Susan said, on July 1, 2017 at 9:58 PM

Sunday morning ….
    ….. on the backyard deck with Bible and a cup of home brewed French Pressed coffee … quiet and prayer
    ….. at the park, on a trail with dogs in tow enjoying the beauty of God’ creation
    ….. in the garden beds pulling up weeds and putting down mulch
    ….. enjoying the delight of sleeping in … with favorite cat curled up beside me purring to her hearts content
    ….. at a coffee house with a new page turning novel
    ….. grocery shopping … because ya know, ya gotta eat

Any or all of the above … anything but … at a rock concert with celebrity comedian life coach motivational hip pastor speaking on the heresy of the day. Church: The Christian Industrial Complex makes merchandise out of you, but only if you allow that to happen. Friends don’t let friends attend the institutional church.

• John said, on July 2, 2017 at 4:07 AM

“Friends don’t let friends attend the institutional church.” A most fantastic quote; it has made my day.

“…at a rock concert with celebrity comedian life coach motivational hip pastor speaking on the heresy of the day.” The irony is that this hipster IS part of the heresy of the day.

• lydia00 said, on July 2, 2017 at 8:45 AM

Another guy on another blog put it like this:

Tired of having Jesus love my soul but Moses take my money.
      Not interested in dumping my time and money into a career Christian entrepreneurs dream
      Sermons directed at millenials are like sitting through third grade forever
      God is everywhere and doesn’t just speak through professional Christians.
      Why bother with such impenetrable social settings. People came to a ceremony not to really interact with one another. .

5. Susan said, on July 2, 2017 at 12:26 PM

You are correct, John, the hipster in the torn jeans and ratty t-shirt (aka pastor) is part of the heresy. Linda, I love the line: “Not interested in dumping my time and money into a career Christian entrepreneur’s dream.” That pretty much sums it up. Yes, the social setting is impenetrable — and no, people do not attend church to interact with one another. They come for the performance, the show and the entertainment.

6. Anonymous said, on July 3, 2017 at 5:43 PM

We are in the process of determining who this coward is that thinks he/she is so clever, but yet afraid to identify himself/herself. More than likely a member at Clearcreek Chapel given the IP location. Said person’s info will be posted here when we are done figuring it out. Unless it is a leader at CCC, coming to this blog is cause for church discipline at CCC per their stated policy.

My Dear Wormwood,

The thoughtfulness and wit you bring to your blog is a great encouragement to me. You have made great strides in your ability to judge and condemn the enemy. My hope is that you will continue confuse the enemy with your hypocrisy and shoot the wounded amongst our enemy troops.

Two points of encouragement for your continued success:

There are times when it seems you are jealous or envious of the enemy. I hope this is merely tactical in your writing and that it does not actually reflect your true heart. Too much familiarity with the enemy may lead you to convert to their ways, which would be very unfortunate.
    You may try to use fear a little more in your writing. Fear, uncertainty, and doubt form a nice multi-front attack, and while your use of uncertainty and doubt come through nicely, your work would be a bit more powerful with a dose of fear.

Keep up the good work “Paul”. You have a nice following here and I wish you and your readers the best in coming months. I’ll check on your progress later this year.

Uncle Screwtape