Zero Sum Life

Posted in Uncategorized by Paul M. Dohse Sr. on June 21, 2015

1. Ryan said, on June 22, 2015 at 2:54 PM

In other words, Piper’s Calvinist god is a malignant narcissist.

2. Matt said, on June 24, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Actually, if you read Piper’s books you will find that the believer has a great amount of “rewards” through God’s glory. Maybe you should read his stuff more before you blast him. Just a thought.

• Paul M. Dohse Sr. said, on June 24, 2015 at 5:02 PM

Matt,

Do you think I am the same kind of moron that you are used to dealing with? Do you really think I don’t know how Piper defines “rewards”? Piper is a follower of Jonathan Edwards, and I am sure you think JE is your “homeboy” while being clueless about what the guy believed. So, here is a chance to put your money where your mouth is: what did Edwards believe about the Trinity?

• Paul M. Dohse Sr. said, on June 24, 2015 at 5:21 PM

…or if would like, and more to the point, explain the doctrine of mortification and vivification and its relationship to Piper’s position on rewards. Ya, do that since you have read so many of his books.

• Matt said, on June 24, 2015 at 8:42 PM

First, when we look at people in church history or even present day theologians, just because we admire or accept great things that they have done for the church doesn’t mean that we have to accept everything they believed. I can admire JE for his works for the church, yet not accept everything he said.

Second, let’s not get away from your original post. Piper’s view on God’s glory and rewards is that your reward is receiving more joy in God and loving Him more. Therefore, God’s glory does have rewards. Here it is straight from him….http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/do-it-for-the-reward

• Paul M. Dohse Sr. said, on June 24, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Matt,

Again, I am not a moron, and don’t tell me when I am on point or not on point; it’s my blog and I will make any point I want to make Bubba. I know what you are doing and it is both pathetic and annoying. Either define what Piper means in context of mortification and vivification or get lost.