How “Biblical” Counseling Really Works in Our Day

Posted in Uncategorized by Paul M. Dohse Sr. on January 18, 2013

1. paulspassingthoughts said, on January 18, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Reblogged this on Clearcreek Chapel Watch.

2. trust4himonly- Faith said, on January 18, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Right on Paul!!
    When you went over this, I saw many instances in past churches where this chart was exactly played out.
    Also, I have seen where I, myself, used in the past these teachings at times in the way of dealing with my husband or children.
    It is clear now to see how the Reformed churches tend to isolate themselves from the world of sin because they see themselves as depraved so must isolate themselves from more depravity. They will then scurry to the pastors or elders for protection (since they have direct access to God) whether in whatever form that may be- homeschooling, church programs, conferences out of the whazoo, bible studies, liturgy and forms of meditation, church discipline etc….
    Oh yeh I see it… So instead of listening to the Holy Spirit, (since that would be sacrilegious to the Calvinist; and would be considered possibly another spirit you are listening to and no way because the Spirit is outside of us ) you are to listen to the CHURCH. The CHURCH is the authority and can only distinguish Gods will for the flock since the flock is depraved and can have no knowledge or wisdom to know the will of God. This is why when I went on the SBC site and told them I do not attend a church at this moment they were aghast and told me I was in danger.

HA!….. you are no different then the Catholic Church, Reformists!!!
    Tricky way of getting the flock in your hands to control like putty is to make them feel that they cannot exist without the church and are in danger of eternal damnation if you “stray” away.

People, listen, go back to Gods Word; search it for yourself without the “cymbals and gongs clamoring”; ask the Holy Spirit to guide you – you CAN trust Him to give it to you. Walk and do knowing that you are already secure in Him and that your walking and doing is for your growth and fellowship with Christ, not your security. You have already been declared righteous before Him, embrace it in thankfulness and love Him for giving it to you. I assure you, you will start living for Him. To remember sanctification is a process; it is a race, not the finish line and the finish line is not justification, but a welcome home sign.

• paulspassingthoughts said, on January 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Thanks for your contributions here t4h, this is another good one one that adds strength to the posts.

3. Joey said, on January 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM

@trust4himonly- Great post! So encouraging!

“Walk and do knowing that you are already secure in Him and that your walking and doing is for your growth and fellowship with Christ, not your security. You have already been declared righteous before Him, embrace it in thankfulness and love Him for giving it to you. I assure you, you will start living for Him. To remember sanctification is a process; it is a race, not the finish line and the finish line is not justification, but a welcome home sign.”

This explanation of the Christian life is so simple and clear. It’s a breath of fresh air to someone who has spent years trying to figure out how to make sanctified living a reality by way of Gospel contemplation!

• paulspassingthoughts said, on January 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM

That’s what we need more of: essays written by people who have been down that road and found it wanting.

4. trust4himonly- Faith said, on January 19, 2013 at 10:17 AM

thank you guys. 🙂 That really made my day.
    I just passionately know that Christ does not want us to live in fear of reprisal from these men. I am personally tired of going down that road and after reading a massive amount stories of those who have been abused by the institution called “church” somewhere along the line we have to say NO and give the truth about who Christ really is and what He did for us. I thank you Paul for having the guts to do so; my part is just so small, but I am getting stronger and more aware. I just pray that the Lord will use me in some way to give comfort and encouragement to those who need it, so you could pray for the courage to boldly go out and do so.