Part 4: The Church Lie And the Biblical Alternative

Introduction

Part 1: The Church is Not the Body of Christ

Part 2: The Church is Not the Gospel

Part 3: The Church is Not the Ekklesia History

Part 4: The Church is Not God’s People

1. Republican mother said, on June 25, 2018 at 4:04 PM

So this part here might need some expounding:

” Does formal worship at a designated place and at a designated timeframe somehow complete worship? ”

The Churchian will immediately think of the famous “forsake not the gathering of yourselves together”. You and I know that a routine time and place are not mentioned, but someone struggling might not see it.

• John said, on June 25, 2018 at 8:15 PM

RM, that was the first (and only) verse the cult I had been attending (a John MacArthur madhouse) threw at me. So, on my way out, I said, “Guess what, my salvation is in me; not with you.”

I think that night 40 witches, 250 demons, a rattlesnake, and a lost soccer ball (football) attacked my house. The next day the “church”: pastor called me and placed a curse on me (I kid you not), and so I blew him and his henchmen to hell.

But, you are right, those who are struggling may think that verse is needed for “ongoing salvation” or something similar (blessings, triplets, window seats on planes, etc.).

Calvinist/Reformed/Protestant/Lutheran/Presbyterian walls are hard to break down. Those walls were built to keep their victims inside. So, we should proceed with patience and buckets of love.

Blessings, as always.

• Andy Young, PPT contributing editor said, on June 25, 2018 at 9:48 PM

They conveniently forget that that statement goes with the preceding verse which says,
      “And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:” ~ Hebrews 10:24

This is the reason why we are not to forsake assembling together; it is for the purpose of exercising our gifts and encouraging others to do the same!

• Lloyd Tucker said, on June 26, 2018 at 3:17 PM

That makes a lot more sense. The institution generally doesn’t allow gifts to be exercised. It does allow people to sit quietly and take a browbeating of indoctrination.

• John said, on June 27, 2018 at 10:24 AM

Yes, Andy; in full agreement . . . but never in a cult! Only with my born-again (New “Birthed”; that one-time event) sisters and brothers; young and old, and half-man, half-biscuit people like I am. It was hell in that Protestant/Calvinist/Reformed/Deformed/anti-christian, demonic “church” and it’s teaching of demons. Indeed, what does light have to do with darkness?

I still laugh at the curse they put on me and my son (I think “spell” is more accurate)

• Lloyd Tucker said, on June 28, 2018 at 7:28 AM

There is a Hebrews chapter 10 sermon posted on the Racine Bible church web site. The preacher explains how the book of Hebrews is a “life line” that is thrown to the “laity” in that church week after week (even though I’m sure this sermon isn’t preached every week). This is done so people don’t “give up on church”, and that they don’t “give up on serving God”. This preacher makes serving God and institutional church attendance synonymous.

• Paul M. Dohse Sr. said, on June 28, 2018 at 1:46 PM

…and that’s church orthodoxy.